Become a Fan
Follow Our Blog
Olive Pressing @
Bella Vista Ranch
Saturdays in Oct
Gruene Music & Wine Fest
Gruene, TX - Oct 8-10
Kyle Fair & Music Festival
Kyle - Oct 14-17
New Braunfels - Oct29-Nov7
Porter & Toalson Rooms Now King Rooms!
The Porter and Toalson Rooms have always been guest favorites but the one recurring suggestion was that we move out the queen beds for king beds. Well, we listened. Each room has been upgraded with a new luxurious king bed and all new, high quality linens from Peacock Alley & Pottery Barn. Now every room at the Inn with a whirlpool tub is a king room. For those folks that prefer a queen bed, we still have the Schlemmer and Martin rooms available.
2011 Early Bird Special: Reserve a room for 2 nights in January or February before Thanksgiving and stay a 3rd night for half price!
Christmas Shoppers Special: Reserve a room for 2 nights from (Dec. 1st to Dec. 24th) before Nov. 1st and receive credit for 2 stays on our frequent stay program!
Check Availability Now!
Grapes & Olives Package!
Over the summer we introduced several special packages people can add to their stay at the Inn and one of the more popular choices has been the Grapes and Olive Package. This package includes lunch for 2 at Trattoria Lisina, wine tasting at both Driftwood Vineyards and The Duchman Family Winery (Formerly Mandola's Winery), a bottle of Texas produced olive oil from Bella Vista Ranch, and finally a sampler of Chocolate Truffles at Sweet Wimberley. Olive pressing at Bella Vista Ranch will be taking place every Saturday in October so it's a great time to sign up for the Grapes and Olives Package. Learn more about our special packages here.
Recipe of the Month: Mom's Beef Lasagna
Lasagna is a popular lunch choice for small business retreats at our Bed & Breakfast. We're also offering it for take out as well. Our Chef likes to use Mom's Beef, which is raised a few miles down the road by Sharon Michaelis. Be sure and visit our recipe blog.
•I cup onion, small dice
• ½ cup celery, small dice
• ½ cup carrot, small dice
• San Marzano tomatoes, chopped
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
• 1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
• 2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
• 1 Tbsp tomato paste
• 1 lb. Mom’s Ground Beef
• Lasagna noodles
• 2 cups ricotta
• 2 cups mozzarella, grated
• ½ cup parmesan, grated
• ½ cup pecorino, grated
1. Season the beef with salt and brown in a skillet. Drain the fat and set aside.
2. Add a Tbsp. of olive oil and sauté the onion, celery and carrots along with a little salt. Sweat the vegetables until they soften slightly, add garlic and sauté for a few more minutes. ( Be careful not to brown)
3. Add the tomato and tomato paste. Simmer for 10-15 minutes and salt to taste. Add the herbs and browned beef. Simmer for another 10-15 minutes, and season to taste if necessary.
4. Grease a deep, square baking dish and add a layer of the meat sauce. Cover sauce with a layer of pasta. Spread a layer of ricotta over the pasta, and sprinkle mozzarella, parmesan, and pecorino over the ricotta. Continue to layer the ingredients in that order. End with a layer of tomato sauce. Reserve a layer of mozzarella. Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven. Bake for 30-45 minutes. Uncover the lasagna and add the remaining cheese. Bake until the cheese is bubbly. Let the lasagna cool for 10-15 minutes before cutting.
The first Sunday of October is National Country Bed and Breakfast Day. In honor of this "holiday" Chef Galvan will serve a special 4-course dinner in place of our normal 3-course meal. It's hard to believe, but we still have availability on Sunday for this popular holiday weekend!